I have this condition where if something doesn’t make sense to me, my sarcastic nature takes over.
Sometimes it gets me in trouble. Other times it….wait, no actually it always gets me in trouble.
Anyway about 15 years ago when I was a young lad in this church I used to go to, I was hanging out with an adult friend of mine who’s goal I suppose was to be a mentor of sorts to me.
As he drove around the valley we tried to figure out what we were going to eat.
We approached one of those McDonald’s that happened to be attached to a Chevron Gas Station. I suggested we eat there. He adamantly rejected the idea.
Since he was so opposed to it I had to ask why. Too unhealthy? McDonald’s has nasty food? Some of their food is not real? All true and good arguments. Which one was his reason?
As it turned out, none of the above.
He answered with a serious tone, “I have a real problem getting my food from the same place I buy my gas”.
So I provided a solution to his plight.
“Oh that’s no problem”, I told him. “You don’t have to not eat there. Just when you place your order, make sure you ask very politely for them not to run your food through the underground gas tanks outside before giving it to you”.
For some reason he never spoke to me again.
- McDonald’s worker reached customers, one car at a time (jsonline.com)
- McDonald’s reports flat sales (guardian.co.uk)
- Does McDonald’s Get The mObile Olympic Gold Medal? (tribalstylemarketing.com)
- Nightmare Unfolds Inside a McDonald’s (huffingtonpost.com)
- How to Own McDonald’s at a Discounted Price, According to Leading Financial Newsletter Profit Confidential (prweb.com)